Wednesday, October 17, 2012

From Mommy's Kitchen




My mom is amazing. She is incredible with my daughter (obviously,)she is a great business woman and she is a fabulous decorator and personal stylist. She has always been a wonderful mommy to me and lately my everyday company. All that being said, experimenting with recipes is not really her thing. I always joke that when I was younger, I knew it was a special day when we opened up a can of diced tomatoes to go with the Kraft Dinner. Ah the memories.

Lately, my mom has gained a little confidence in the kitchen and has been impressing me with many of her creations. Last night she served this Pan-fried Panko Crusted Talapia that was ah-mah-zing! I asked her for her recipe and after some hesitation she kindly divulged the secrets.

This is super simple, but usually, simple is best.

Thanks Mom!

4 Talapia Fillets
2 eggs, slightly whisked
2 cups Panko Bread Crumbs
Hy's Seasoning Salt
Garlic Plus Seasoning
2 tbsp butter
1 lemon, cut into wedges

1. Break eggs onto a shallow plate, whisk slightly.
2. Pour Panko onto another shallow plate.
3. Dip Talapia into egg, let the extra drip off, then place talapia into the panko. Turn and press panko into the fish to create a nice coating.
4. Season breaded fish with Hy's and Garlic Plus seasoning.
5. Preheat a large frying pan over med-high heat. Add butter. Once butter has melted, place each fillet into pan.
6. Cook until brown on one side, about 4 min, then flip and brown the other side for about 4 min.
7. Serve with lemon wedges.

No comments:

Post a Comment