Wednesday, June 30, 2010

5 ingrediant Spaghetti al Limone




I'm always amazed when I try a new amazing group of flavors. I always think "why didn't I think of that before?" This is one of those combinations. It's not really a recipe at all, just throwing together some ingrediants and ending up with an incredible dinner. It only takes about 5 min and it's light and fresh tasting. I love it. I know it will be a regular menu item now at our place.

Spaghetti Al Limone (from Oprah's Cookbook)

1 Pound Spaghetti
2/3 cup olive oil
juice of 2 or 3 lemons
zest of 2 lemons
cup or so of fresh grated parmesan cheese
handful of fresh basil, torn in to pieces
salt and pepper


Cook spaghetti and drain, but keep about 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid aside.

Whisk together the lemon juice and cheese. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Stir in zest and salt and pepper.

Pour lemon cheese mixture over hot spaghetti. Add as much of the hot cooking liquid as needed to make the sauce creamy. Toss in the fresh basil.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment